How to Play at the 2017 Pickering Ribfest...
Want you or your favourite band to play at the 2017 Ajax and Pickering Rotary Ribfest? They better get to know an Ajax or Pickering Rotary Club member!
The Ajax and Pickering Rotary Ribfest always has interesting ways of picking live entertainment to play on the Ribfest Stage. Over the last few years bands have been considered several different ways. A number of years had the band making a $10 donation to Rotary. The last few years had bands considered that have given back to the community. For the 2017 Ribfest, bands will be considered only if they have been recommended by an Ajax or Pickering Rotary member. Each member of the Ajax and Pickering Rotary Clubs can nominate one band to be considered to play at the Ribfest. From their, all bands are short listed to the Top 10 by Entertainment Director Rob MacArthur. Those top 10 bands are then evaluated by a committee made up of Ajax and Pickering Rotary members, with the top bands playing at the Ribfest. Normally each year at least 2 to 3 bands are picked this way.
2017 is a big year for the Ribfest as it is the 10th year of the Ribfest. In addition, the stage is being named the "Rick Johnson County Jamboree Stage," in honour of Rick Johnson who just recently passed away and was instrumental in making the Ribfest a reality.
- All bands are paid for playing, and usually have a 60 to 90 minute performance time.
- What does this mean for bands? Get to know your local Rotary member, and Rotary itself, to be considered to play.
- Both clubs can be found on the internet, on Facebook and through Twitter.
- Deadlines for submission are January 8, 2017.
- Any questions can be emailed to info(at)robmac(dot)org.